We are looking for talented Software Engineering Managers to join our AdRoll Social team. Don't think you have all the skills required for this role? That's okay - as a core company value, we are committed to hiring great people and helping all of our employees learn and grow.
As a manager of the Social team, you will work side by side with product managers, designers, and developers to deliver a customer-focused Connected Ads platform in a highly agile and iterative environment. Developers are treated as equal partners in the process and have a crucial role in contributing not just code but also a voice on usability and customer experience. We truly work as a team and value engineer experience in all aspects of platform development: Python, React, microservices, AWS and more.
In this role you will manage the engineering team as it builds an ambitious new set of Social Integrations. You will be a key part of setting both the short and long-term plans for the team and then coordinating across Engineering and other functional areas to execute on building the product. Your team will be working across the engineering stack from the back end and the APIs to the user interface, for which you will be expected to help guide the architectural and technical standards.
This role is open in our San Francisco, New York City, Salt Lake City offices, or Remote.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required to enter a US NextRoll office. Please notify us to request accommodation.
Not sure that you might not be perfect for this role? You should still apply! We’ll review your application for other opportunities. We're always on the lookout for talented people and we're committed to developing each employee's career with over 1,800 training classes offered every year.The impact you’ll make:
- You’ll be collaborating with product managers, designers, other engineering teams to plan, scope, build, and deploy new features
- Lead cross department projects and network with key contacts outside own area of expertise
- Provide architectural guidance and oversight for any project the team is involved in
- Mentor engineers in regular 1:1 sessions
- Apply project management skills/techniques and direct the work of team members
- Guide the team as its role becomes even more integral to the functioning of our business over the next 12 months
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- 7+ years of software engineering experience, including 1+ years managing a team of software engineers
- Experience mentoring and growing engineers at various levels of seniority
- Experience building and shipping consumer-first, delightful SaaS products, with quantifiable revenue impact
- Outstanding written, verbal communication & presentation abilities; can effectively summarize results & craft the “what does this mean for us” analysis
- A “get it done” attitude with a bias toward action; self-starter with discipline for defining priorities, driving decisions & getting closure on tasks and projects
- Experience with Marketing APIs for social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok and Pinterest is a bonus
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% employee coverage for medical, dental and vision premiums
- Short and long term disability benefits at no cost to the employee
- Basic life and AD&D insurance at no cost to the employee
- 401K Plan (Pre-tax and Roth)
- 4 weeks of paid time off and work/life balance
- Up to 12 weeks of paid family leave (care for a family member, bond with a new child, etc.)
- Up to 6 weeks of paid disability leave (up to 12 weeks for pregnancy disability leave)
- Join a community of fellow Rollers as a member of one of our Employee Resource Groups
- Ample opportunities to volunteer with local organizations with NextRoll Gives Back
AdRoll, a division of NextRoll, is a leading marketing automation platform that gives growing ecommerce brands the power to connect with people everywhere they go online.The AdRoll Platform is fueled by our pioneering use of machine learning to analyze real-time performance advertising data – and that early work is why more than 120k brands have relied on us since 2007. We believe in giving every ecommerce marketer across fashion, beauty, health & wellness, travel, and more, the marketing automation – aka superpowers – they need to connect with customers and grow their business.
We are committed to building diverse teams of “Rollers” and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, ancestry, sex, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, citizenship, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or other characteristics. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please notify us to request accommodation.