Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
As a Software Engineer Manager on the Security team, you will lead the team to design and build services, systems, and libraries that protect Wish infrastructure and data. The role is ideal for skilled software engineer managers who are passionate about security and thrive on addressing real world security problems at scale. You will help support the security team by providing transparent leadership, mentorship and motivation as they work in a fast paced environment on key enterprise initiatives. Ensure the services provide easy integration ability and meet strong reliability requirements while also enhancing the overall security posture and standards at Wish.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead complex security projects from design through implementation and maintenance.
- Participate in design and implementation reviews of security and infrastructure projects.
- Manage engineering processes, workflows and schedules to support multiple high impact business initiatives
- Support the engineering team by removing obstacles and establishing best practices to increase productivity and ensure your team produces extraordinary output
- Provide technical guidance and direction to the engineering team
- Develop and nurture a positive and collaborative culture that embodies Wish’s values
- Manage departmental resources: hiring, mentoring, career management and maintaining a high performing team.
- 5+ years of experience doing software development
- 3+ years of experience directly managing 3 or more people
- Development experience in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Golang, Ruby, Java, C/C++, etc)
- Experience with AWS or other cloud environments.
- Excellent technical writing and documentation skills.
- Proven experience scaling and managing multi-level engineering team
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
Nice to have:
- B.S. degree in Computer Science
- Experience working on or with security teams
- Experience working with container technology including Docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of network based, system level, and application layer attacks and mitigation methods
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.