Manager, Software Engineering at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Offers Engineering team’s mission is to improve product discovery by supporting deals/offers and make transacting so easy that users not only adopt it as their default way to buy with Affirm but also more casually consider paying with Affirm.
We are looking for a highly motivated manager to help expand our products to acquire and monetize consumers while delighting them. Come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Manage a team focused on a particular area, providing technical leadership for the team, while having a detailed understanding of our business, company goals, roadmap and resource plans.
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by leveraging relevant resources and data.
- Collaborate with cross functional engineering teams, product managers, designers and analysts to deliver high quality consumer experience.
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Foster a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively leverages the diversity of the team.
What We Look For
- 4-6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 2+ years as an engineering manager.
- Passion for working with cross-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Expert at synthesizing complex business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Experience scaling systems in a service oriented architecture preferred but not required.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.