Platform Engineer, Industry Applications at Unity Technologies
The Platform Foundation team provides critical platform interwork above and beyond independent platform teams and establishes the overall stability and runtime of the Unity Engine for over 25 platforms supported by Unity. The Platform Engineer, Industry Applications will be responsible for adapting Unity’s platform support to include targeted embedded system platforms used within industry, including automotive and other vertical segments.
Unity is widely used in industry to concept, develop and prototype applications for Human-Machine Interfaces (HMI) and other embedded use cases. This has led to strong demand from customers for Unity to provide a connected toolchain from concept to deployment. By extending our platform capabilities to include these industry applications, we will enable customers to deploy advanced embedded capabilities with an efficient and modern workflow.
Unity is committed to solving the hardest technical challenges, and this role plays a key part in delivering industry solutions for our customers. The Platform Engineer, Industry Applications will work with teams across Unity, including industry teams who work directly with customers and R&D teams responsible for cross-platform support, systems architecture, libraries, build and load time optimization.
- Extend Unity platform capabilities to include targeted hardware and operating systems used within industry verticals
- Develop integrations with applications, development frameworks and libraries to support industry verticals
- Work with our platform teams (Mobile, Console, Desktop and Special Platforms) to investigate, review and update engine code to solve existing problems
- Proactively identify areas for improvement across the Unity engine with regards to cross-platform functionality
- Collaborate with platform teams and owners to coordinate feature development and ensure the correct functionality across platforms
- Focus in on key areas, such as improving build time, load time and iteration time across platforms
- Help to scope out new projects that will improve the cross-platform functionality of the editor
- Must be a great team player that works well in collaborative situations
- Able to develop and debug C/C++/C# code written in large multithreaded codebases
- Familiar with rendering stacks such as OpenGL or Vulkan
- Previous experience with embedded engineering
- Proficient with platform profiling tools (CPU/GPU/IO)
- Knowledge of e-Linux and RTOS systems (e.g. QNX, Integrity) and embedded SoCs like ARM, MIPS, RISC, etc.
- Experience with Automotive SoCs, such as NXP i.MX8 and Nvidia Drive CX
- Experience with Linux distributions used in Automotive such as AGL and Yocto
- Experience with creating Automotive HMIs and Instrument clusters
- Experience with Qt
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.