Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
As an Android payment engineer, you will work on payment features directly used by millions of shoppers worldwide. You will have a great deal of responsibility for each project you work on and will have the flexibility to influence design and execution. With full transparency to all metrics, you will get to see how your features directly impact the company’s performance and make data-driven decisions.
For this role, you should be hands-on, driven, want to make an impact and grow your career and have a solid foundation in computer science. You should have strong competencies in Android development, software design, problem solving, testing and debugging, and contribute under a great deal of independence. We are ultimately looking for someone who is capable and passionate to help us hack social commerce.
Not located in the Bay Area? USA and Canada remote work is acceptable!
What you'll be doing:
- Take ownership of critical parts of the payment process, including the cart page, checkout flow, payment options and post purchase experience.
- Work with various payment methods including deferred payments, gift cards, cash on delivery, direct bank payments, credit cards, mobile wallets, etc
- Build new high impact features for the payments team in the Wish Android app. Solely own the feature from scratch to post release
- Work closely with product managers, designers and data teams to design and drive the direction of a feature. Give valuable feedback, review experiment findings, and share new ideas.
- Collaborate with external partnerships to deliver technical solutions
- Make important coding architecture decisions and participate in code reviews.
- Refactor the code to use best practices if necessary
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of experience developing native Android applications in Java and Kotlin.
- Experience with Python and MongoDB are a big plus
- Proficient in Android development, application design philosophies (MVC, MVVM, etc.), source code management (git), clean API design, etc
- Familiarity with payment processors and payments systems (Google Pay,
- PayPal, Stripe, etc) is a big plus
- Familiarity with A/B testing
- Able to take ownership of critical parts of the App
- Can work effectively with multiple people from different domains
- Interested in end-to-end feature development from design to execution
- Has creative ideas and proves them with data-driven methods
- Strong understanding of the whole engineering stack and how each piece fits into the whole
- Self motivated, relentlessly focused on impact and able to operate under great deal of independence
- Learns quickly and is willing to take calculated risks
- Proficient with new feature development, bug fixing, performance testing and cross-team collaboration
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.