Senior Frontend Engineer - Automation at PagerDuty (San Francisco, CA or Remote)
PagerDuty is seeking a Senior Frontend Engineer - Automation to join our diverse, customer-focused team! As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you will function as the UI expert on the automation team, with an initial focus on an important UI framework consolidation project. This is an exciting opportunity #TakeTheLead as part of the Process Automation team to help drive the future state of the UI frameworks. You will work on new front-end features and enhancements, as well as backend framework and services, with high visibility to our customers that will have a direct impact on PagerDuty’s revenue. The ideal candidate will have experience with multiple UI frameworks. Although this is a frontend focused position, you will bring fullstack development skills as well to contribute to the team as a whole.
- From day one, you’ll be designing, coding, testing and shipping front-end interfaces, APIs, or backend applications and microservices that ensure we deliver secure, highly reliable and scalable solutions to our customers.
- Collaborate with Product, UX and other engineers across teams to deliver high-quality, user-friendly and performant web applications that help solve customer problems.
- You’ll constantly look for ways to improve the customer and developer experience by incorporating modern front-end architecture patterns and frameworks.
- With 10,000+ global customers and growing, you’ll be solving really interesting technical challenges while helping to scale our product to keep up with demand.
- Participating in your team’s on-call rotation, triaging and addressing production issues as they arise.
- 5+ years of development experience working on customer-facing and web-based systems.
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience building and managing web apps using at least one modern front-end framework, preferably Vue (Knockout or React experience is a plus).
- Knowledge about core parts of frontend engineering (state management, performance, accessibility, styling, infrastructure).
- Experience designing, building, and operating large systems with scalability, availability, and performance requirements.
- Experience with backend development on Java/Groovy, Spring, Grails is a plus.
- Experience with tools that ensure your high quality work makes a smooth, automated, repeatable transition from your machine to our staging and production environments.
- Mastery of at least one web programming framework.
- Experience working in an agile environment with iterative development and fast feedback with a B2B SaaS environment.
The base salary range for this position is 123,000 - 172,000 CAD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and/or benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you're new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
Where we work
PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those cities and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for in-person and virtual connection with your fellow Dutonians.
How we work
Our values are deeply embedded in how we operate and the people we bring on board. You will see our values ingrained in how we support our customers, collaborate with our colleagues, develop our products and foster an inclusive and empathetic work culture.
- Champion the Customer | Put users first to design great products and experiences.
- Run Together | Build strong teams that amplify our impact on users.
- Take the Lead | Disrupt and invent to be the first choice for users.
- Ack + Own | Take ownership and action to deliver more efficiently to users.
- Bring Your Self | Bring your best self to build empathy and trust with users.
What we offer
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Cox Automotive, DoorDash, Electronic Arts, Genentech, Shopify, Zoom and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, two-thirds of the PagerDuty board is classified as non-white, with women making up nearly half of all board members. We strive to build a more equitable world by investing 1% each of company equity, product, and employee volunteer time.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an equal opportunity employer. PagerDuty does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, parental status, veteran status, or disability status.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program.