Zumper is on a mission to make renting an apartment as easy as booking a hotel. With 70 million users (1 in 3 US adults) and 150 million visits, we are empowering people to rent smarter. Our success has generated support from top-tier investors for a total of $140m in funding (Series D). We realize that changing the way the world rents requires passion, bold ideas, and bright minds. Join us and build the future of renting, Today.
We need a Senior Full Stack Engineer who is ready to bring Zumper to the next level. Do you want to have a meaningful impact on technology choices and product direction? Let's craft the next generation of apartment finding technology together!
Of course, Zumper is more than just an apartment search platform. Once you're on board you will be building tools (e.g. landlord tools, renter experience, platform, etc) that make renting easy! You'll write the UI, core services and APIs used across multiple platforms and two major brands (Zumper and PadMapper). You'll also help improve and fix existing features and functionality as needed.
The ideal candidate is forward-thinking and ready to make an outsized impact within a tight, collaborative team. We are looking for someone that is an excellent communicator that is able to work closely with the technical and non-technical members of their team.
The right candidate knows NodeJS and Python, has a good grasp of SQL fundamentals (especially Postgres) and is comfortable with the terminal. We love working with self-motivated people who embrace problem solving and get things done.
What you will do
- Contribute to an extensive JSON API written in Python used by the website as well as native apps.
- Design, build, test, review, and deploy new features
- Planning and executing on OKR oriented sprints
Who you are
- Knowledge of RESTful APIs (use and implementation thereof)
- At least 2 years of React/Redux work experience
- At least 3 years of professional Python experience
- Experience building with at least one Python ORM library, like SQLAlchemy or Django ORM
Bonus Skills & Experience
- DevOps technologies like AWS, Fabric, Hashistack (Consul, Terraform, Nomad, Vault)
- Other programming languages (Java, Go, Bash, etc)
What We Offer
- 401k plan + 3% company match
- Stock options
- Great Medical, dental, vision insurance options with 90-100% premium coverage
- FSA, HSA, Life insurance, and Long-term Disability insurance
- Up to 12-weeks of paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation policy - work hard and take time off when you need it
- Health & wellness credits and hosted meditation sessions
- Home office set-up and internet reimbursements
- Group training and individual professional development support
- Team activities, game nights, and happy hours
- Weekly insight into company metrics
- Employee Resource Groups (Black Lives Matter at Zumper, Out at Zumper, and zWomxn) that create safe spaces for candid conversations
Life at Zumper
Zumper HQ is located in the heart of downtown San Francisco, next door to the iconic Transamerica Building. With offices in Chicago, New York, Providence, and Scottsdale, we are lucky to have 200+ team members across the US.
We care deeply about diversity and inclusivity. We are fostering an environment that celebrates individuality and enables you to be your best self. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome all applicants regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, or race. We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive equitable employee benefits. (Please contact us to request accommodations).
We are proud to have been awarded Inc. Magazine's 2019 Best Places to Work and SF Business Times' 2020 Best Places to Work and 2019 Bay Area Workplace Wellness and Builtin's 2021 SF Best Places to Work and 2021 SF Companies with the Best Benefits.
Zumper does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zumper employees, or any other company location. Any submittals without a prior signed agreement will become property of Zumper.