Senior Manager, Software Development - Live Production at Unity
The Live Production team builds tools that empower storytellers and democratize the creation of cinematic content.
We are looking for a Software Development Manager to join our hardworking team. In this role, you will draw upon your past experience working with all aspects of people management and software development including planning, dependency management and execution, to help advance the state of the art in cinematic content creation.
Our team loves being a part of the media & entertainment industry and gains happiness from people using our tools to make outstanding and innovative content. You're driven to get things done and to do them right. You aren't afraid to tackle and solve complex problems. You want to work with people who encourage collaboration and cultivate new and innovative ideas.
Help us invent the future of cinematic creation by advancing existing tools such as our Virtual Camera and Face Capture apps, integrating with existing industry standards and our upcoming offerings from Weta Digital, and dreaming up new and exciting ways to bring the real-time revolution to customers in film, television, broadcast, and beyond.
What you’ll be doing
- Lead the development lifecycle of software features and products from conception to delivery
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user requirements, creation of user stories and acceptance criteria, estimates and work plans
- Coordinate across product design, architecture, implementation, testing and maintenance
- Provide technical leadership to reports through peer review, coaching and mentorship
- Continuously improve your people management, engineering knowledge, leadership and teamwork skills, using all the Learning and Development courses and support we provide
What we’re looking for
- Experience leading a medium-sized (10-20) technical team
- Experience leading on multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Experience with large scale, cross-platform software development
- Proficiency developing with C# or another language
You might also have
- Real-time networking experience with UDP transport, netcode, socket programming, data compression, and/or multiplayer game systems; as well as experience with concurrent software design and implementation
- Experience with motion and/or performance capture devices, as well as film, TV or other media production
- Extensive experience with the Unity platform
Life at Unity
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,800+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.