Senior Network Engineer at Unity Technologies
Game developers repeatedly say that multiplayer game creation remains one of their hardest challenges; balancing ease-of-use with performance and flexibility remains unsolved. As a result, we’ve seen far too little innovation in multiplayer games over the last decade, while creativity in single-player games has flourished.
We are looking for a Software engineer to help define and build the foundation Unity developers use to make multiplayer experiences. You will be given the freedom to drive large initiatives in this area aimed at improving everything from performance to client/server developer iteration. Help us build a foundation and core in a modern development experience tailored to multiplayer games.
- Collaborate with other engineers to improve overall networking performance
- Improve low level network systems to give players a great game experience.
- Instrument, profile, analyze, and optimize Unity’s server product.
- Write code in C++ in the Unity Engine and C# in Scripting layer
- Experience with C++ and software development methodology.
- Proficiency in client-server networking architecture
- Familiarity with OS, networking and server design concepts.
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Experience with high performance programming, multi-threading, and memory management
- Prior experience with the Unity engine
- Linux development experience.
- Networking experience (knowledge of low-level protocols and high-level protocols).
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.