We care about the skillset you bring to the table, but more importantly, we care about the kind of person you are, and the culture and attitude you bring to the table. As a Sr Site Reliability Engineer, you will help build solutions that will be used by thousands of customers. You will find success in this role if you are a seasoned engineer who appreciates real, technical challenges and building high quality services.
What you'll do
- Solve new and challenging problems around eCommerce payments, credit issuance and settlement, fraud detection, SaaS integration
- Design, build and operate large scale production systems in the cloud (AWS)
- Implement software deployment pipelines that enable agile development and testing processes
- Automate "boilerplate" engineering tasks and build tools to improve the productivity of our developers
- Collaborate with Engineering to define and implement security and access control policies in accordance to SOC II
- Build and enhance systems with automated instrumentation and monitoring
- Troubleshoot cross-system issues across the whole stack using log data, time-series metrics, and various analysis tools
- Disseminate DevOps mentality and skills to other engineers, analysts and data scientists
- Work cross-functionally with some of the best people in different disciplines like Engineering, Data Science, Finance, Product, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success
What we look for
- 5+ years of experience working in a role applying DevOps practices
- Strong familiarity with *nix environment including bash and command-line tools
- Strong software development experience (Go, Python, Scala, Kotlin or any other established language) and solid understanding of current software design best practices, including modularity, event-driven architecture, functional programming, microservices, object-oriented design, optimization, extensibility, and testability
- Proven work experience with CI/CD build pipelines and tools (Buildkite, CircleCI, Jenkins)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code , e.g. AWS CloudFormation, Terraform etc.
- Experience with Docker and container orchestration services (AWS ECS, Kubernetes)
- Good understanding of security best practices in a cloud environment
- Experience with systems monitoring and alerting tools (Prometheus, Grafana)
- Experience working with RDBMS and NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Snowflake, Redis) and ability to write efficient SQL queries
- Understanding of database methodology and database systems as well as relational schema design a big plus
- Excellent planning and time management skills, being able to provide deliverables on time; ability to anticipate and resolve project roadblocks
- Strong communication skills, confidently representing your expertise to peers and stakeholders across the organization
- Self-motivated, working independently, intrinsic learner
- BS in Computer Science, a related field or equivalent experience
- Prior startup experience a big plus
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA30
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.