At Unity, we’re passionate about building great products that are beautiful, innovative, and help our customers unlock their creative potential through the power of real-time 3D technologies. The Mobile Creators team at Unity provides innovative experiences to both existing and new creators and across global markets.
We are looking for a Senior Software Developer to help make real-time 3D accessible to all digital creators, not just those who code. Unity sees an opportunity to provide more creative capabilities to the millions of people creating content on their mobile devices. This is the early stages of a brand-new AR product that you have the opportunity to help define! This person should understand game engines and editing software in general as well as Unity in particular.
You will work closely with product, design and other engineering groups to prototype and then release products that delight and amaze our customers. We will shift between prototyping and production code as the project requires. This is a new team that is excited to solve meaningful problems for our Creators.
What you’ll be doing
- Responsible for delivery, technical solutions and architecture of a portion of the Mobile Creators experience
- Writing high-quality code and automated tests as appropriate to maintain quality
- Advocating for good coding practices as part of a quality culture within the whole engineering team
- Contributing with ideas to improve the final product
- Collaborate with teams in different locations across Unity, and ensure technical alignment
What we’re looking for
- Experience as a gameplay, graphics or generalist programmer in video games
- Participated in the full life-cycle of one or more shipped commercial 3D game or application using Unity
- Development languages: C# and/or C++
- Proficient in-game coding, architecture and basic 3D math
You might also have
- Experience with mobile and AR development
- Experience with building content creation tools
- Experience with graphics optimization or general game optimization
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.