Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join the Android Platform team. We are dedicated to providing a modern, first class development experience for Android engineers across the company so they can ship new product features quickly and reliably. Join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services company predicated on honesty and trust.What You’ll Do
- Create tools and libraries that provide foundational functionality for the core Android app
- Proactively maintain and improve test, build, and release pipelines
- Collaborate with engineering, product, design, and data counterparts to execute on cross-functional initiatives
- Provide guidance on core app architectural decisions and drive implementation
- Follow developments in Android ecosystem and proactively raise improvement opportunities
- Promote a written-first culture that values documentation, tech specs, how-to’s, post-mortems, and RFC’s
- Communicate best practices and platform updates to product engineers
- Peer review code and provide constructive feedback
- Conduct technical interviews
- Ask for and provide help when needed
- Proficiency in Kotlin, Dagger, RxJava, Espresso. Bonus: Kotlin coroutines, Ruby.
- Experience with Android tooling as well as product development workflow
- Passion for Android engineering and ecosystem
- Excellent communication, written, and collaboration skills
- Positive mentality
Location- Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.