Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Shopping Services) at Affirm (Remote)
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Shopping Services focuses on ranking and serving relevant, timely, and actionable content to power engaging user experiences throughout the shopping journey that connect new and returning customers to merchants where Affirm financial products open a new world of possibility.
Our team is growing and looking for a senior software engineer to help expand our products to acquire and monetize consumers while delighting them. Come join us!
What you'll do
- Design & implement high scale, high visibility software systems -- our system is used by most every team at Affirm and powers most of our product iteration.
- Participate in customer development to uncover problems and projects to tackle.
- Drive detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for other engineers both inside and outside the immediate team.
What we look for
- 4+ years of experience as a software engineer with project leadership responsibilities.
- Growth mindset
- Experience building thoughtfully designed, highly performant HTTP & RPC interfaces and intuitive user interfaces
- Product-centric thinking -- we care just as much about the product experience (ours, our stakeholders', and our company's) as we do the design of our engineering systems.
- Familiarity or experience with experimentation, feature flagging, or data systems is a strong plus
- Technology you will use
- Python / Flask
- React / Redux
- HTTP / OpenAPI
- Git / Phabricator
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.