Grand Rounds Health’s “Personal Healthcare Assistant” product platform is a mobile-first product with a rapidly growing user base and feature set. Our mission is to raise the standard of healthcare for everyone everywhere by empowering our members to get to better healthcare outcomes through a data-driven and consumer friendly navigation of healthcare in the palm of your hand.
The Platform Engineering team is responsible for building cutting-edge infrastructure that supports the mission-critical components of our Cloud, Data and Machine Learning Platforms. As a member of Grand Rounds Health’s Platform Engineering team, you will collaborate with Data Engineers, Data Scientists, and Product Engineers to leverage Spark, Airflow, Kubernetes and Kafka to design and ship the infrastructure that powers our Data and ML Platforms.
Initial Projects Include:
- Workflow Orchestration: A fully managed workflow orchestration service that empowers data owners to author, test, schedule, and monitor pipelines
- Batch and Streaming: Infrastructure to run both batch and streaming data processing pipelines
- Event Streams: A fully managed system to empower engineers to ingest, process and analyze event streams in real-time
- Exploratory Machine Learning: Infrastructure to facilitate fully isolated, elastic exploratory machine learning & data science
- You have built data infrastructure for data engineering and/or machine learning teams
- You have a very strong understanding of data processing technologies for both data science and engineering, coupled with exceptional software engineering foundations and discipline
- You have a commanding grasp of Spark, Kubernetes, networking and distributed systems and strong programming skills and CS fundamentals
- You optimize for impact over progress and love getting stuff done (GSD)
- You care about software and are proud of what you do; to you it’s more than a job
What You Will Do:
- Deliver ambitious projects that interact with a wide variety of teams within the company
- Design systems that will span multiple AWS regions to enable high availability of the platform
Grand Rounds is a tech-driven healthcare company dedicated to raising the standard of healthcare for everyone, everywhere. By harnessing the power of technology, we connect nearly 6 million members to top-rated doctors and data-driven insights to make better informed healthcare decisions. Driven by premier thought leaders in patient care, technology, and business since 2011, our team of 900+ proudly serves Walmart, Costco, Salesforce, and over 140 of America’s top employers as a free employee benefit. Chosen as a 2019 Best Place to Work by Glassdoor and a 2020 UCSF Digital Health Award winner for Employer Wellness, Grand Rounds thrives at the forefront of technology-driven healthcare innovation. Learn more at https://grandrounds.com/
Grand Rounds is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. Grand Rounds considers all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Read Full Job Description