Senior Software Engineer, Documentation at Unity Technologies
Unity is looking for a talented Software Developer to join our growing documentation tools team.
Learning is key to Unity's success, and the documentation tools team develop, deploy, and maintain the tools and services that help deliver an amazing documentation experience to our users.
We are currently building a new publication pipeline based on DocFX and MadCap Flare to consolidate our docs to a single website and to provide a full-stack solution, from editing environment and CI, through to publication and frontend systems. This is a wonderful opportunity to help shape this pipeline, and subsequently, the future of Unity's documentation.
We’re looking for someone who can hit the ground running, quickly form good working relationships, and work collaboratively to produce great documentation tooling for our users.
- Design, develop and deploy tools to automate content generation for user documentation from multiple disparate sources (Markdown and XML)
- Guide the team of documentation tool developers and mentor junior software engineer
- Manage the documentation source files and maintain the build server
- Integrate with partner documentation systems
- Improve the documentation website UX and analyse performance
- Advise developers and technical writers on best practice and tool usage
- Write guidelines on using tools, processes and workflows
- Proven ability to develop solutions from concept to implementation independently and as part of a team
- Experience setting up and evolving continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- Experience producing documentation using Markdown, XML, DocFX or Flare
- Experience of Unity or 3D game development
- Experience using issue trackers such as JIRA to track project tasks
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.