Senior Software Engineer (New Product) at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Accelerate Affirm’s ecosystem of honest financial products!
We are looking for Senior Software Engineers for a subteam within ZeroToSixty (ZTS), Affirm’s new product accelerator organization. ZTS is a small team of technical leads and product managers working directly with the SVP of Product, President of Technology, and CEO to identify potentially new honest financial products with potential to supercharge the Affirm ecosystem, quickly bring these products to production, and scale successful launches. We are looking for engineers to work on scaling our newest product, the Debit Card.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You'll Be Responsible For
- Contributing to new product launches from specification to implementation, testing, deployment to production, and feature iteration, with multiple contracted engineers
- Researching and evaluating build vs buy vs partner options for development tooling and product building blocks
- Collaborating with other leads within ZeroToSixty and Affirm Engineering team to execute on a roadmap of open source tools that reduce the time from a new idea to learnings in market
- Working closely with product, design, analytics, and the executive team to execute on objectives and evaluate success of new products
- Help scale successful MVPs in collaboration with the core Engineering team
What We Look For
- 3-7+ years of software engineering industry experience.
- Strong programming skills in Python or another object oriented language.
- Prior experience contributing to projects with development agencies.
- Strong cross-team communication and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to technically mentor engineers and communicate technical ideas.
- Passionate about Affirm's Mission: "Deliver Honest Financial Products that improve lives"
- Humble: You have the humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- User Focused: Cares about the details in the user experience
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining financial products, especially high-traffic payment processors is not required but is a definite plus
- Domain expertise in card processing or interfacing with core bank processors such as FIS or TSYS is not required, but is a definite plus
Location - Remote U.S.
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in the U.S. (exclusive of the U.S. Territories) and Canada (with the exception of Quebec).
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.