Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. The Authentication team is part of Affirm’s Trust & Safety Organization. We own the authentication process for consumer users of Affirm and act the first line of defense against Account Takeover.
Our team is growing and looking for a Senior Staff Software Engineer to help expand our products to identify more consumers with less friction. Come join us!
What You’ll Do
- At least 10+ years of experience working on the backend building product
- Help shape the technical direction of Auth Engineering team
- Look for ways to improve the end-to-end experience for developers working on our systems
- Work with our Product team to extend our core decisioning service; building new account takeover mitigation features
- Build effective tools for our Risk Operations team to help uncover malicious activity in real time
- Support Data Science by providing them with the signals needed to build effective models
- Build security solutions into our account creation process to help identify malicious actors
- Analyze and debug performance issues across distributed services
- Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers, and the processes that support team growth and efficiency
What We Look For
- Experienced: experience building real-time distributed web services, with experience in fraud detection and risk decisioning systems
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- Technical leadership; someone capable of handling mentorship, cross functional project execution, and solid individual contributions
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.