The Billing Engineering team increases Affirm's profitability and repayment rates through billing and collection systems innovation. This team is responsible for the repayment and billing experience for customers and the system of record for billing schedules and overdueness for loans. We launch features to deliver world-class repayment experiences to Affirm's customers. This team plays a critical role in supporting the explosive growth of Affirm. We focus on providing robust, fault-tolerant, and highly scalable services.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Staff Software Engineer to help lead the Billing team.
What You'll Do
- Architect billing and collection platforms to enable product innovation and personalization of customer experience.
- Extend the billing and collection platforms for rapid global deployment, scaling, and expansion while adhering to strict SLAs.
- Increase repayment rate and promote Affirm's customer retention and royalty by delivering a world-class billing and repayment experience.
- Mentor a product engineering team responsible for Affirm's core product offering.
- Partner cross-functionally with product and business teams to translate requirements into robust, fault-tolerant, and highly scalable solutions.
What We Look For
- 10+ years software engineering experience
- Past experience growing engineering teams through direct mentorship, code review, pairing, group learning sessions, and effective task delegation.
- A business-impact-driven, pragmatic approach to delivering projects on time with high quality.
- Proven architectural design skills for building highly scalable online/offline data-driven systems.
- Focus on building strong relationships with stakeholders through collaborative problem solving and translating requirements into future-facing solutions.
- Extensive knowledge about billing and financial systems.
Location - Remote US
Grade - USA32
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company ! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account.
[Colorado Candidates] In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act , the grade for this position in Colorado is listed above. You can find the Colorado base pay range and benefits here .
If you got this far, we hope you're feeling excited about this role. Even if you don't feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways-not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that's why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report .
We also believe It's On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.