Senior Tools Developer, Consumer Labs at Unity
Unity Consumer Labs group is composed of passionate developers in search of innovative methods to author content and help our users build rich game experiences. We are building a new programming language called Nano, which will power performant, and shareable runtime experiences for AR and beyond. We are looking for language and tools developers who love to build tools and technologies which make it easier for creators of all ages to make amazing and innovative content!
In this role your responsibilities will be to work with a small group of developers to craft and develop a backend execution engine which allows Nano to run on any platform which Unity supports.What you’ll be doing
- Craft the back end system which empowers Unity users of all technical backgrounds build richer Unity experiences with Nano
- Work closely with our designers and live products to frame and validate our approach
- You will build rapid prototypes which transform quickly into production-ready features in a live production and cross-discipline team
- Expertise in developing efficient and portable scripting execution runtimes and compilers
- Proficient in C# or another statically typed language
- Experience building commercial software using the Unity Editor
- Values the strengths of collaboration and is always eager to share and receive feedback
- Can navigate and self-organize their work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in building or designing domain specific languages for scripting engines
- Used any of a variety of web technologies and scripting interpreters such as WebASM, Blazor, ANTLR, and emscripten
- A passion for gaming, game design or products within the gaming space
Unity (NYSE: U) is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
Unity is at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than five billion times per month in 2020. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations or accommodations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.