Founded in 2010, Wish has quickly grown to become one of the world’s largest e-commerce companies. With 500 million users, 1 million merchants and over 200 million items in our marketplace, it’s no wonder that Wish is the #1 shopping app in 40+ countries on the Google Play store & #1 shopping app in 20+ countries on Apple App Store. Wish is also the most & best reviewed shopping app (#1 on Google Play & #2 on Apple App Store).
Our WishX team embodies the company’s approach to innovation. It functions as an internal incubator for new business ideas and is empowered to take calculated risks, think creatively, and embrace different perspectives. By constantly iterating and deploying, we have the freedom and flexibility to try out new ideas and work toward the best solutions.
We have the following exciting opportunity within the WishX team:
Senior UI Engineer
What you'll do:
- Setup the basis of a new modular UI platform for fast iterative delivery
- Setup automated UI testing allowing the team to deliver well tested code with a quick turnaround time
- Design, and deliver interactive web based applications on a massive international scale
- Work with API designers to come up with a usable set of API's that are actually useful
- Work with UX designers to come up with a feasible design balancing between user experience and fast development
- Research new technologies and prototype new ideas
- Time to time help with backend development if necessary
- Experience in building multi-locale web applications
- Desire to build highly interactive static, server-compiled, and business-driven web based workflow tools that millions of our merchants and marketers depend on to manage their sales and marketing workflow
- Desire to build interactive intriguing marketing websites
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Great track record of working well with others
- Experience in building highly-available distributed software systems that integrate with multiple external systems/API's
- Experience being involved in or driving statistical experiment design while understanding the statistics behind A/B or multivariate testing
The following are some of the web technologies that we use
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Read Full Job Description