Senior Windows Client Platform Engineer at Unity Technologies
Unity is looking for a Windows Client Platform Engineer to join our growing IT team. In this role, you will be working on the overall vision and management of our fleet of laptop and desktop end-points. This includes partnering with internal IT Operations, Engineering, and Security teams to drive better practices and automation, while also providing training, documentation, and learning opportunities for the team.
- Suggest creative solutions to develop the business systems to provide a more reliable and effective platform in order for the company to continue to develop and expand rapidly
- Implement and develop management systems, administer, maintain and support existing systems to meet business growth and changing business requirements
- Build, enhance and maintain tooling and scripts to automate repetitive tasks
- Be accurate in creating and maintaining system documentation
- Ensure that all users are kept informed of relevant changes or developments on a regular basis
- Maintain and develop knowledge of technology and security trends and vulnerabilities
- Assist managers to improve the skills of team members, proactively challenge processes, and conduct training sessions when necessary
- In-depth knowledge and experience with administering Windows OS and Active Directory
- Experience in designing, implementing, and managing systems at scale in a global organization with a heterogeneous computing environment
- Security-based mindset, with interest in acquiring the knowledge to stay up to date with current threats
- Proven scripting/coding for automation experience, preferably with Python, Ruby, Go, PowerShell, and/or Shell
- Experience with MDM and configuration management solutions like Workspace One, Intune, Chocolatey, Puppet, Chef or Salt
- Solid problem-solving skills, persistent and meticulous about detail
- Understanding of system monitoring and alerting; experience with continuous monitoring
- Good general IT knowledge including understanding of networks and authentication processes
- Google Workplace and Okta administration experience
- Creative, focused on quality, and excited about diving into the commercial dynamics of a successful and rapidly growing company
- Capable of working proactively and on your own initiative in carrying out your day-to-day role with limited supervision
- Experience with Unity and/or the gaming industry is a plus
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.