Software Engineer, Backend at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
We offer a rare opportunity to work on initiatives of building consumer websites and operations support systems. You will enjoy working with one of the richest social e-commerce data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. Our engineers move extremely fast, while solving unusual and challenging problems. Our team is small and nimble. We release new code daily to ensure that engineers are able to iterate quickly, and make an impact immediately. They work on building features from the database level to the client facing applications. We cultivate an environment for smart, driven engineers to thrive.
Because we have a small team with a big job to do, each team member makes a huge impact on the business. You will have the opportunity to implement your ideas and to own your work.
We’re looking for self-starters, team players, and people who are excited by complex problems. The role is ideal for someone who has a solid backend engineering background. Does that sound like you? Great! We encourage you to apply your skills and grow your career at Wish!
What you'll be doing:
- Transform business requirements to technology design and implementation
- Build complex software systems that integrate with multiple external systems
- Design and develop RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Build scalable, reliable, and performant microservices
- Support the regular maintenance of the services with bug investigations and fixes
- Optimize for short term execution and plan for long term technical capabilities
- B.S. in Computer Science, other related field, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years industry experience in software engineering
- Excellent software design skill with experience in Python, Go, and/or Java.
- Experience with distributed systems at enterprise scale
- Experience building and maintaining a high throughput, low latency service
- Ability to learn quickly and manage priorities in a fast paced development environment
- Highly driven and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Experience working with Linux systems
- Experience with Kubernetes and Microservices
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.