Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
Addepar is building a single platform unifying hundreds of portfolio and market data systems and leveraging that platform to create robust, powerful financial applications.
The technical effort involved is massive. Our data ingestion platform processes tens of millions of transactions across millions of accounts every day and our pricing and reference data systems provide analytics coverage for nearly two trillion dollars in assets. We build and run our own distributed financial computation framework that allows clients to run complex analysis of massive data sets in real time. We design robust APIs and powerful, versatile user interfaces to empower wealth managers to ask nuanced questions about their clients' holdings.
Addepar’s success depends on our ability to deliver a comprehensive and scalable API platform that provides value to our partner and developer communities. Paramount to that success is a focus on APIs as products, ensuring that we iteratively build out solutions that deliver meaningful outcomes to consumers. We manage the API development lifecycle from definition to delivery, ensuring that we deliver concise, consistent, and intuitive, interfaces. We strive to innovate our API capabilities without disrupting existing consumers. We focus on developer experience, providing clear documentation, a seamless onboarding experience, and access to tooling. We partner with teams across the organization including SRE, InfoSec, and Product Engineering to ensure we are building reliable and secure APIs that expose the full functionality of the Addepar platform.
Our engineering team primarily works in Java, but we don’t require prior experience with any specific tool set. Great software engineers can pick up new languages on the job. More than checking the boxes on specific technologies, we're looking for driven engineers with real technical depth and a desire to deliver end products that deliver joy to users. We want people who are passionate and care deeply about the success of the whole company.
The problems we’re tackling at Addepar are complex, but they’re also globally important. Addepar has the potential to make private investing more transparent, more efficient, and more ethical. If you’re interested in that, we’re excited to meet you.
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science or similar technical field of study (or equivalent practical experience)
- 3+ years experience as a professional software engineer
- A passion for implementing best practices and a bias toward smart automation
- Proven ability to collaborate with and mentor other engineers
- Experience building scalable systems, modeling financial data, or building intuitive, feature-rich user interfaces
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2.5 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.