Software Engineer, Monitoring & Observability at Wish (San Francisco, CA)
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
As a Software Engineer on the Monitoring team, you will build systems that enable the engineering organization to be able to introspect their applications at scale in real time. You’ll be responsible for running and expanding our real time metrics, distributed tracing, and alerting systems. We strive to build systems to notify our engineers of any issues before our users do.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead/contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around monitoring distributed systems at scale.
- Drive adoption of best practices in monitoring, alerting, and performance.
- Work closely with development teams to implement monitoring & observability instrumentation within their platforms.
- Participate in an 24/7 oncall rotation for Monitoring & Observability services.
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Development experience in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Golang, Ruby, Java, C/C++, etc)
- Minimum 2+ yrs experience
- Experience working with Linux systems
- Experience with monitoring and alerting systems
- Experience designing and building reliable systems at scale
- Experience with time-series databases or other database systems.
- Experience with distributed tracing systems.
- Experience in Python and/or Golang
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.