We’re a cast of characters working to shine a spotlight on anime. Crunchyroll is an international business focused on creating both online and offline experiences for fans through content (licensed, co-produced, originals, distribution), merchandise, events, gaming, news, and more.
Visit our About Us pages for more information about our collection of brands.About The Team
We are looking for a highly motivated and hardworking technical individual to join us as a software engineer for the Subscriptions team, a group responsible for building and maintaining services for each user's anime and manga benefits. Our subscriptions systems are the entry point for every Crunchyroll user and process millions of subscriptions in a highly secure, distributed, and scalable environment that is constantly evolving to meet the needs of our users. You will work within a small team to evolve our subscription systems, focus on customer happiness, and solve really difficult scaling and security challenges.About You:
The ideal candidate has a strong background or interest in security with a desire to grow quickly.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 2+ years as a software development engineer
- Experience with GO, PHP, and AWS
- Sensitivity toward handling personally identifiable data
- Having integrated with iTunes, Google Play, Roku, or other subscription processors
- Experience working with microservices architecture
- Growing the number of Anime viewers globally gets you excited
On any given day, you may find yourself doing the following:
- Working with your team to add, extend or debug subscription features serving millions of users internationally
- Brainstorming with your lead, engineering manager and/or the team’s product owner to turn large, deeply technical tasks into smaller tractable stories
- Fleshing out the technical details of how you’d approach implementing user stories, helping to break out tickets into subtasks where you feel is reasonable
- Review your work with your team’s product owner and with QA to verify and validate your contributions
- Review the pull requests of other team members, contributing considerations and domain expertise where possible, and paying extra attention to potential software vulnerabilities being inadvertently introduced
- Rarely, responding to an incident affecting one of our subscription services in production, helping others diagnose what went wrong and following up with long-term solutions
Our headquarters is located in downtown San Francisco, where our group of multi-functional specialists assemble to create experiences for our passionate communities.Crunchyroll COVID-19 Hiring Status
Crunchyroll employees are currently working from home, and we are still conducting remote interviews and hiring during this time. This role is expected to start remotely, and we’ll work closely with you as we understand every person has unique circumstances.Benefits: San Francisco Office:
- Competitive salary
- “Use What You Need” time away from work policy
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- On-site gym, showers, yoga, and wellness classes
- Catered lunch and dinner 4 days per week
- Skilled, passionate, and fun co-workers
- Pet friendly environment - pet insurance and dog friendly office
Questions about Crunchyroll's hiring process? Please check out our FAQ
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com and @ellation.com email accounts. If you have any questions of the authenticity of an Ellation or Crunchyroll job offer, please contact [email protected] before giving away any information.About Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll connects anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories through the content they love. Best known as a top streaming service delivering AVOD and SVOD content, Crunchyroll also provides experiences to deepen fan engagement and community through social, events, games, consumer products, content distribution, content creation, and manga publishing.
Fans have access to the largest collection of licensed anime through Crunchyroll, Anime Digital Network (in partnership with Citel, a subsidiary of Média-Participations), and Anime on Demand video streaming services, translated in multiple languages for viewers worldwide. Viewers can also access simulcasts — top series available immediately after Japanese broadcast. Crunchyroll's services also extend to licensing of theatrical, TV, home video, and consumer product rights.
Fans engage further with events (including owned events Crunchyroll Expo, Anime Awards, Crunchyroll Movie Nights, KAZÉ Movie Nights), consumer products through eCommerce and retail partners (Crunchyroll, KAZÉ, AV Visionen), Crunchyroll Games, KAZÉ Games, and manga (KAZÉ Manga, Crunchyroll Manga app, Crunchyroll Manga Store).
Crunchyroll was founded in 2006 and is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in Los Angeles, Tokyo, Paris, Chisinau, Lausanne, and Berlin (AV Visionen). VRV (U.S.) and Eye See Movies (Germany) are also Crunchyroll brands.Our Company Values
You’ll see these in action if we’re lucky enough to have you:
- Embrace Originality - We’ve taken different paths to get here -- but we’re in it together to win in anime
- Fuel Passion - Understanding fandom makes us better at what we do
- Champion Change - We’re agile and see change as an opportunity to lead by example
- Hustle Intentionally - As fans of our fans, we always want to do more -- but we’re deliberate in our path
- Elevate Anime - We’re showing the world how special anime is
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.