Software Engineer, Tools and Automation at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
As a Software Engineer on the Tools team, you will build tools that empower the development team to work as efficiently as possible. You will also build and develop distributed systems that automate everything needed to build, test, and scale our applications. We ensure Wish’s success by working with engineering teams and developing scalable tools and infrastructure that help engineers develop, test, debug, and release software quickly.
What you'll be doing:
- Contribute to engineering efforts from design to implementation, solving complex technical challenges around developer and engineering productivity and velocity
- Design and build advanced automated build, test, and release infrastructure
- Drive adoption of best practices in code quality, testing, and maintainability
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability
- Bachelors in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience
- Development experience in one or more programming languages (e.g. Python, Golang, Ruby, Java, C/C++, etc)
- Experience with version control systems (git, svn, etc)
- Experience designing and building reliable systems at scale
- Experience working with Linux systems
- Knowledge of database systems
- Experience with Continuous Integration and/or Continuous Deployment systems
- Experience with developing automated internal frameworks, increasing developer and release velocity, improving code health, and building developer tools
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.