Software Engineer at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
We are the Indexing and Retrieval Team at Wish, building infrastructure that powers the foundational layers of search for our marketplace. We are responsible for designing, building, and maintaining different indexes for the Wish search engine, using a distributed infrastructure that supports both batch and real-time index updates. Our search engine handles millions of queries per day on 300+ million and growing corpus of documents. If you have experience in building robust and scalable search systems, and you want to join a small, self-motivated team that makes a big impact, come join us!
What you'll be doing:
- Research and implement indexing techniques for higher search engine performance
- Design, develop and maintain pipelines that create batch and real-time search indexes
- Create high performing and low latency service layer for search indexes
- Monitor and maintain indexer pipelines and optimize performances
- Collaborate with other teams to introduce additional indexing fields and expand document corpus
- 3+ years industry experience in software engineering
- Experience with big data technologies and scalable real-time systems that process streaming data (e.g. Hadoop, Kafka, Flink)
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, Hive and Presto
- Experience with entity-relationship modeling and understanding of normalization
- Experience with programming languages such as Go, Python and / or Java
- Experience with Kubernetes, AWS / Cloud Infrastructure
- Deep understanding of the search and information retrieval fundamentals including indexing, retrieval and ranking
- Experience building search solutions using Lucene / Solr / Elasticsearch or related search technologies
- Familiarity developing and integrating microservices
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.