Addepar is looking for an influential engineering leader to provide strategic direction on overall software platform architecture with significant top and bottom line impact. This is the right role for individuals who enjoy solving complex challenges with open source and cloud technologies in a fast-paced, collaborative, and creative environment. This role provides considerable opportunity for ingenuity, as this individual will work as a key leader of an exceptionally talented team, to deliver cutting edge innovation at a massive scale for the wealth management industry.
- Lead the architecture design and implementation of Addepar’s core software infrastructure including the Web platform, Databases, API platform, inter-micro-services messaging and communication, and high performance cache and compute infrastructure.
- Lead software platform architecture design with a Security-first approach and promote defensive software development practices.
- Lead the design and implementation of a Research platform to derive data analytics from the immense amount of investment data on the platform, that will ultimately benefit all Addepar clients to make smarter data-driven investment decisions.
- Partner with Data Engineering, Computation Architecture, Product Engineering, SRE, and other Engineering leads to drive implementation of common and secure architecture patterns across the Addepar platform.
- Advance the SDLC tooling to make the CI / CD pipeline more secure and efficient.
- Inspire, recruit, and mentor a team of high performing engineers.
- Help build a scalable engineering culture for top talent engineers.
- 15+ years of Software Engineering industry experience.
- 10+ years of experience leading / managing Software Engineering teams including leading peer organizations through influence.
- 8+ years of hands-on experience working with multiple enterprise applications in large-scale cloud-based environments.
- Strong experience with architecture and design of large-scale Financial platforms.
- Consistent track record of success building and leading Engineering teams in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment where management of complex product requirements is a critical driver of success.
- Ability to influence the Engineering community to foster a “shift left” culture.
- Ability to build strong relationships and work cross functionally with internal and external constituents.
- Ability to listen for nuances, dig into details in order to understand systems deeply, and articulate technical details and risks.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills along with the ability to deliver to time sensitive guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Computer Science or Engineering related education preferred.
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.