Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Tenders Engineering team is responsible for the virtual card platform at Affirm. Virtual cards enable consumers to pay with Affirm’s financial products (interest-bearing installment loans, split pay, etc.) anywhere that accepts card payments. This applies to both online and in-store transactions with digital wallet integrations such as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced software engineer to join us as we continue to build a better buying experience predicated on honesty and trust.What You'll Do
- You will drive detailed project definition, design, technical specification, cross-functional alignment, task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance
- You will help lead a team of engineers to generate simple and elegant designs, and deliver high-quality code that can be easily understood and used by others
- You will build relationships with people across engineering, partner organizations, and business leadership
- You will actively participate in making the team and workplace an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds
- You will serve as a technical resource and mentor for other engineers
- You have proven experience architecting, building, and scaling systems in a service oriented architecture
- You provide technical leadership and you’re capable of providing mentorship, cross-functional project execution, technical vision, and strategy
- You are a low ego team-player who places the needs of others first and participates in the development of peers on the team
- You have well-developed interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- If you have experience with issuer processors like Stripe or Marqeta, or gift card integrations, that’s a plus