Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
The Web Product team is responsible for Affirm’s customer-facing web applications and design system, from first interaction to loan servicing. We build opinionated, scalable, reusable architectures that power Affirm’s business and presence on the web. We work closely with teams across affirm to build and experimentally optimize new features and new businesses.
We are looking for an experienced Staff Engineer/Tech Lead to join us and help accomplish that mission. Given the speed our code base is growing, your work will be challenging and will impact web projects across the company.
What You'll Do
- Serve as a technical resource and engineering mentor for both senior and junior front-end engineers.
- Architect, build, optimize, and scale the next generation of Affirm’s web apps.
- Influence the features and direction of our product and platform.
- Work with product and engineering managers to identify and plan technical initiatives that cut across multiple front-end teams.
- Build a detailed understanding of our business goals to help inform technical direction.
- Look for, and implement, improvements to the end-to-end experience for developers working on our systems.
What We Look For
- 7-10+ years of product development experience with technical leadership responsibilities and experience mentoring both junior and senior engineers.
- Real-world experience, and interest in, the latest in web development, such as server-side rendering (e.g. Next.js,) build systems (e.g. Rollup, Pax, Parcel) and languages (e.g. ReScript.).
- Technical leadership; capable of providing mentorship, cross-functional project execution, setting and executing on technical vision and strategy.
- Experience working cross-functionally with stakeholders from product and design.
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication.
- Humility and self-awareness to understand opportunities to learn and grow, and to navigate the unknown.