Domino has an ambitious vision for data science and machine learning. Our mission is to help the world run on models. Our platform is used by data science teams to accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including Salesforce, Dell, RedHat, Gap, Bristol-Myers Squibb, and Bayer.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Zetta Venture Partners, and Bloomberg Beta, Domino is at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies build better cars, develop more effective medications, or simply recommend the best song to play next.
As a Staff Software Engineer at Domino you will guide architectural and engineering direction and empower engineers to solve our most technical challenges. While you’ll spend half of your time writing code, you’ll spend another quarter of your time working alongside product managers to drive the technical direction and architectural decisions needed to build and scale our product. The balance of your time is as a coach, guiding and developing engineers by setting strong examples, reviewing their code and helping develop their skills.Responsibilities
- Craft durable, well-tested code with an unwavering commitment to product quality
- Build products, systems, and services that have immediate impact on our customers
- Partner closely with product managers, designers, and engineers to define your team’s vision and roadmap by thoroughly understanding your customers’ needs
- Coach and develop engineers, cultivating pragmatic engineering decision-making, and leveraging your technical expertise to constantly raise the bar
- Lead and participate in critical technical, design, and product discussions with leaders across the organization and company
- Minimum of 8 years experience in software engineering
- Prior experience in a technical lead role, with responsibility for architectural decisions and the development of software engineers
- Prior experience with enterprise software
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related technical field involving coding or equivalent technical experience