Technical Architect at Unity Technologies
Come join Unity as a Technical Architect for the Architect and Development team! This person will primarily be responsible for establishing architectural vision and direction, provide solutions, advice and guidance, and monitor emerging technologies. We are looking for someone who will drive platform and technology practices throughout the enterprise and act as a subject matter experts for cloud technologies.
As part of this team, you will work closely with the Enterprise Architecture team and various business teams within Sales, Marketing, Finance, HR, and other engineering teams across Unity!
What you’ll be doing
- Define solution architectures aligned to business needs in collaboration with product and engineering
- Facilitate collaborative design discussions and drive design reviews
- Assist with improving architecture practices
- Assist with governing software development to ensure satisfaction of non-functional requirements
- Owns the creation of measurable and sustainable programs for business/IT innovation.
- Recommends new technologies and new uses of established technologies with regard to technological direction.
What we’re looking for
- REST API design and microservice implementation
- Ability to code in any language using any technology stack through self-teaching
- Proven hands-on experience building enterprise applications in Java, J2EE, SQL, multi-threading, caching techniques, and microservices
- Hands-on experience in SQL, data modeling and data structures for high-volume and high-velocity data
- Proven track record in building products on BigData systems such as Spark, Kafka, RabbitMQ, Apache Kafka, and other big data technologies
- 6-12 months experience supporting the Unity Architect & Development team
You might also have
- Knowledge of software development, business analysis,and IT infrastructure issues to communicate sophisticated ideas clearly and concisely and to drive innovation.
- SQL and NoSQL database technologies
Life at Unity
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.