Assistant Controller at Addepar
- Tightly manage all month-end financial close activities including consolidation, account reconciliations, analysis, financial statement preparation
- Will be in charge of setting up an international subsidiaries and must have an expertise in the foreign currency transaction/translation accounting
- Ensure accurate and timely transaction processing, including classification and accounting in accordance with internal policies and GAAP
- Establish, maintain and monitor appropriate financial policies, controls and processes, including but not limited to vendor/vendor payment set-up and approvals; Employees expense reports reimbursements.
- Continually identify and implement efficient procedures and processes to enhance the department workflow while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Will be in charge of tax compliance – Federal, local tax returns project management, oversee the third party tax return preparer
- Manage all external audits, including financial, tax, workers comp. and other as necessary
- Provide timely and accurate accounting information to internal customers, as requested
- Manage all tax compliance and filing of quarterly and year end tax returns
- Manage, mentor and oversee the daily operations of the payroll, accounts payable cash management, accruals, prepaid, fixed assets and all other GL functions, except for revenue accounting and operations
- Maintain financial reporting system, including driving assessment and implementation of system upgrades and conversions – for example Purchasing module, Payment system upgrade
- Monitor and implement latest GAAP accounting guidelines. Prepare technical accounting memos, including but not limited to Lease Accounting, Tenant Improvement Allowance etc.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, CPA is a plus
- Experience with NetSuite
- Experience with Multi-National Company
- Seven to Ten years supervisory experience overseeing financial team, systems and
- Experience with system implementations, international accounting and consolidations
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent skills with both Microsoft Office and G-suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced setting, you will be asked to make judgement calls about prioritization for you and your team
- Bill.com, Expensify, Concur, and ADP systems a plus
Addepar is a wealth management platform that specializes in data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Founded in 2009 by Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC, the company's platform aggregates portfolio, market and client data all in one place. It provides asset owners and advisors a clearer financial picture at every level, allowing them to make more informed and timely investment decisions. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $2 trillion of assets on the company's platform. In 2020, Addepar was named as a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City and Salt Lake City. All brokerage services offered through Acervus Securities Inc., member FINRA / SIPC.
Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds, and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
In order to ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.