Consolidation Accounting and Reporting Manager at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
**This role will require the employee to be in the office on an as-needed (hybrid) basis, so there is a strong preference for someone to be located in Northern California or the San Francisco Metro Area.**
The Consolidation Accounting and Reporting Manager position is responsible for the consolidation accounting and internal financial reporting of the Company’s consolidated entities. The position is an individual contributor role that will report to the Senior Manager, Accounting and Financial Reporting. The Manager will interact extensively with Corporate & International Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis, Tax, SEC, Internal Audit, and the overall Corporate Finance Team on various matters around consolidation accounting, reporting, systems, and accounting processes.
The position requires an individual with a technical understanding and experience in U.S. GAAP, Accounting ERP systems application of GAAP, detailed knowledge of the accounting impact in the consolidation process and of intercompany accounting. Also, the position will be responsible for the Company’s internal financial reporting function. The internal financial reporting function requires the technical understanding of U.S. GAAP reporting, Managerial reporting, and detailed knowledge of accounting systems and it’s reporting functions.
The Manager role will be responsible for various SOX controls for key areas in the consolidation process, close process, and financial reporting. They will work with both internal and external auditors during the quarterly, interim, and yearly audits.
What you'll be doing:
• Manage the local to functional accounting analysis & recognition at each month, quarter, and year end close. The Manager will update, improve, and manage the determination and conclusions surrounding the functional currencies elected for entities and maintain all memo’s current.
• Manage the consolidation process and system close at month, quarter, and year-end close. The Manager will work with the Revenue, International, and Corporate Accounting teams and recognized all required consolidation entries. The manager will need to determine the proper consolidation of re-measurement entries, review of the cost center allocations, and perform intercompany analysis over all global entities.
• Coordinate with all teams and manage the system close process in line with the Company’s close timelines for each reporting period.
• The Manager will be responsible for the internal financial management reporting and disclosure reports distributed to leadership on a monthly basis. This reporting function is responsible for the assembly of financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP and Non-GAAP measures that are used by leadership for month, quarter, and year-end close review.
• Manage all financial reporting schedules required for flux purposes by leadership to adhere with SOX controls.
• Manage the structure and compliance with U.S. GAAP of the chart of accounts. The Manager will review all new account request, restructuring of accounts projects, and partner with accounting leadership in determining the proper operational and U.S. GAAP application for new projects.
• Serve as the key contact with the external auditors for quarterly review and year-end audits, including discussing and answering technical questions around the consolidation process and its impact on the U.S. GAAP reporting.
• Strengthen internal controls, enhance processes around the period-end timelines and related consolidation and reporting processes.
• Support ad-hoc projects that arise during various systems implementations relating to the consolidation and reporting function.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance or related field. CPA is preferred but not required.
• Minimum of 5-6 years’ experience in related field in a public corporation and/or Big 4 or equivalent.
• Extensive technical experience in U.S. GAAP, Accounting ERP Systems, and other accounting related reporting systems (Hyperion, Planful, etc.).
• An individual that can thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment where change is constant and continually seek out methods to improve on processes, automation, and efficiencies.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.