MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 75 percent of the Fortune 100. Teams at global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk, and GitHub embrace visual collaboration to run more productive meetings and workshops. This leads to a more creative, engaging, and fun way of working together, all in a welcoming, simple-to-use online space.
Headquartered in San Francisco, California, MURAL employs over 700 people around the world. MURAL is on a mission to level up teamwork with imagination so that working together is more fun and innovation happens faster. The MURAL® platform transforms teamwork by making meetings and workshops interactive experiences designed for problem solving, play, and imagination. MURAL has raised $200M in financing to date and is growing rapidly to fulfill its mission.
The Corporate Controller leads the accounting and financial reporting activities and is responsible for the leadership, development and execution of the company’s corporate accounting function. Reporting to the CFO, the Corporate Controller enhances financial controls, processes and oversees compliance with our policies and procedures. These functions and processes produce timely and accurate monthly financial results in compliance with US GAAP requirements. The Corporate Controller is also responsible for capturing, defining and ensuring accuracy of non-gaap financial metrics. The Corporate Controller works closely with our external and internal stakeholders to complete our monthly and quarterly reporting on a timely basis. This role instills a culture of strong internal controls across the company and is responsible for compliance with our technical accounting standards, GL and sub-modules for efficient operations and global revenueResponsibilities:
- Responsible for accounting, revenue recognition, payables, payroll, stock admin, tax, reporting, as well as financial controls
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by planning and managing annual financial audits and providing information to external auditors.
- Accountable for ensuring consistent compliance of corporate accounting principles and procedures in full compliance with US GAAP and SEC reporting standards.
- Experience with and direct responsibility for Netsuite, our G/L system.
- Tax compliance support for various federal, state and local filings (sales and use, property tax, etc).
- Partner effectively with other finance team members and non-accounting functions to drive improved controls and process enhancements.
- Subject matter expert to make decisions, prioritize effectively and meet deadlines while maintaining the highest level of standards for completeness and accuracy.
- Provide training, feedback, and coaching to the accountings teams. Guide and mentor direct reports in a remote working environment.
- Direct responsibility for managing accounting operations, monthly/quarterly accounting close and preparation of financial statements. Will ensure all accounts are reconciled and major variances are disclosed.
- Drive processes to optimize and automate accounting operations to drive efficient monthly/quarterly close cycles and improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Will own the Global Balance Sheet, Statement of Income and Statement of Cash Flow reporting. As part of this ownership, will be responsible for the timely reporting of entries to Mural’s statements including Revenue, Commissions, Accruals, Equity Reporting, Tax, Transfer Pricing and ensure accounts are reconciled monthly and statements are in compliance with US GAAP.
- Ownership of all Mural entities across the globe.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- 10+ years of experience in accounting, consisting of a mix of public accounting and Corporate Controller role at a fast-paced, high-growth technology company
- Expert level experience with NetSuite
- Proven experience developing and leading a high-performing accounting and control organization.
- Experience with the implementation of policies, processes, and systems in support of continued company growth.
- Demonstrates strong business judgment applied to routine and complex financial and accounting issues.
- Proven international experience working with global currencies in overseas financial operations.
- Excellent working knowledge of GAAP.
- Active CPA license along with a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent is required.
- Proven success managing complex global business entities, and proven ability to handle the financial accounting and reporting duties.
- Self-motivated team player who can credibly communicate with and relate to individuals at all levels in the finance and accounting organization and other associated internal customer teams, with demonstrated experience in mentoring and leading distributed accounting teams.
- Ability to both grow in the role and grow with the company, demonstrating leadership capabilities and upward progression.
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- Professional development opportunities
- Learning stipend
- Wellness stipend
- MURAL free forever plan
- Design Thinking + Facilitation trainings
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make others successful
- Adapt to thrive
- Play to wow
- Think global
- Experiment like an owner
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.