Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We are looking for a passionate and driven individual to join our Corporate Development team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology, innovation and the FinTech ecosystem. You have a track record of successfully owning and executing cross-functional projects with measurable impact. You are comfortable handling multiple – and competing – priorities at the same time. You are highly detail oriented and also know when to back off and look at the bigger picture. Long-term, impact is what motivates you, so you are always thinking about how to move things along.
You will help drive Affirm’s corporate development strategy and execution and have a significant impact on the company and its future. You will own the integration of acquisitions including cross-functional project management, coordinating and leading integration activities. You will be involved in sensitive projects and need to maturely handle confidential information. You will be a valued partner to internal leaders, who rely on you to ensure we capture the anticipated value of Affirm’s M&A activity.
Over time, you will have a growing scope to also drive the evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives.
What you'll do
- Lead M&A integrations, including project management of large cross-functional efforts, managing the overall process and timing for integration activities, monitoring status and driving proactive escalation/resolution of issues
- Develop and refine workstream specific integration plans incorporating identified challenges, objectives and milestones
- Serve as a key resource to cross-functional teams, ensuring collaboration and information sharing among workstreams with effective communication and frequent updates
- Work on evaluation and execution of M&A opportunities and strategic initiatives as they arise
- Be a subject matter expert on our industry, adjacent spaces and relevant other companies
What we look for
- 2-4 years of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm or investment bank or a business / strategy focused role in a startup / technology environment
- Attentive to details and highly organized, with strong independent planning and process management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and critically and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- Excellent analytical skills combined with a practical, quantifiable and structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to perform rigorous quantitative modeling and analysis, particularly financial modeling
- Ability to context switch and ramp up quickly on new topics
- Ability to develop strong relationships and work across all organizational levels
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus