Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 68 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Coinbase is looking for an Equity Compensation expert to join our growing team and support our equity compensation function. We seek a motivated critical thinker that will thrive in a fast-paced environment and is excited about joining a company invested in innovative compensation program design. As a newly public company, you will be a key contributor to the strategic evolution of our equity programs as we expand globally and at scale.
The right candidate thrives in a high growth culture that values strategic communication, teamwork and results. You are self-motivated, detail oriented and employ a rigorous data-driven approach in developing business solutions. The keys to success in this role will be operational excellence, a deep curiosity to understand what drives value in our business, and an ability to apply those learnings to operate and enhance our equity compensation programs.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Forecasting and budgeting: maintain burn rate tables, project and plan future equity spend and share use based on a variety of factors
- Provide strategic recommendations and solutions around the use of equity during M&A events, helping to drive decision-making by modeling various scenarios and taking into account unique business factors
- Assist in advising equity program compatibility and strategy in non-US jurisdictions
- Collaborate with compensation business partners to build and develop reporting capabilities, dashboards for internal business clients, and planning tools
- Partner in developing materials related to executive and equity compensation for the Compensation Committee of the Board of Directors
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum of 5-8+ years of experience relating to compensation and equity strategy
- Strong modeling skills (primarily Google Sheets), with an ability to build complex models from scratch and project outcomes against a range of scenarios with multiple inputs and dynamic variables
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively across functions and departments; this role will partner closely with compensation, legal and stock administration teams to administer and operationalize components of our equity program
- Familiarity with equity program regulatory compliance globally, including tax implications and plan registration requirements
- You thrive when confronted with complexity, and are eager to develop creative programs and solutions while remaining consistent with guiding principles
- Mission-driven with a business customer-oriented mindset
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.