Finance & BizOps Partner - Fintech
Want to help guide financial planning and strategic decision making for new fintech programs at a Forbes Cloud 100 company? Then come join the Finance & BizOps (FBOS) team at Gusto based in San Francisco! At Gusto, we serve over 100,000 small business customers with our Payroll, Benefits, and HR software platform, affording them peace of mind with these complicated tasks and helping them create great places to work.
The FBOS team provides strategic, operational and financial decision support at the corporate, departmental and product level. The team’s mission is to “define and defend the business model while accelerating Gusto’s growth.”
As part of this team, you will lead planning, resource allocation and operations for Gusto’s fintech programs in this high impact, high responsibility role. You’ll gain experience conducting market research, creating financial plans, and being a thought partner to operators in both scaling existing and launching new fintech products.
Here’s what you'll do day-to-day:
- Planning. Deeply understand fintech business models and key drivers that matter given Gusto’s broader business objectives. Build and maintain product financial plans, including revenue, cost and headcount targets.
- Business Analytics & Decision Support. Conduct research, analysis and business modeling to help x-functional operators make financially sound and operationally efficient product development decisions. Thoughtfully weigh risks and opportunities, define/track the right KPIs to focus on and drive continuous improvement in reporting frameworks for Gusto’s fintech products.
- Execution. A core philosophy of the FBOS team is that we are not here to merely forecast, i.e. try to predict an indeterminate future -- we are here to help make it happen. We roll up our sleeves as partners and pitch in with operators as needed.
Here's what we're looking for:
- Experience. You have 6+ years of relevant work experience including 2+ years of operational finance & strategy work in fintech, and a degree in a quantitative field (e.g. Finance, Business, Engineering, Mathematics, etc.). Investment banking, consulting, and/or VC/PE experience, as well as experience developing programs from “zero to one”, are a plus.
- FP&A + BizOps. You can build and manage budgets. You’re adept at working with cross functional partners to help them understand how to manage headcount, deploy capital efficiently and iterate on program design for products.
- Technical skills. You’re an excel pro with the superpower to develop insightful financial models and quantitative analysis, paired with strong critical thinking and sound business judgment. You can deep dive into large data sets with SQL to unblock your own analysis.
- Precision. You have sharp attention to detail with a natural feel for numbers and data, and have a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, results-oriented environment. You are able to tend to the blades of grass, while not losing sight of the broader landscape.
- Soft skills. You can eloquently distill and communicate complex topics broadly to board members, front-line team members and everyone in between. You are proactive and have a positive attitude with a can-do, service-provider mentality.