Financial Partnerships Lead at Affirm
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm's mission is to deliver honest financial products to improve lives. We do this by (i) using modern technology to re-imagine and re-build core components of financial infrastructure from the ground up and (ii) forming strong partnerships with existing financial services firms, banks, payment networks and data partners. The Financial Partnerships Lead supports these partnerships, cultivating our existing relationships and helping to structure new partnerships to strengthen and extend our products and achieve our mission. The ideal candidate will have some exposure to sophisticated partnership negotiations and will work cross-functionally to identify, structure and drive strategic deals. We value experience, intelligence, creativity and critical thinking in addition to all of the traits necessary to represent Affirm in the payments and FinTech ecosystem.
What you'll do
- Assist on all deals and partnerships with our most critical vendors: the consumer data providers we work with to make credit decisions, verify consumers' identity, etc.
- Own end-to-end negotiation process and/or deals, which includes managing and including all relevant internal partners.
- Develop subject matter expertise and serve as a thought partner to internal business leaders as Affirm's offerings expand and our needs evolve.
- Develop business cases for transactions to explain the logic of the deal, ensure value is being created for Affirm, and manage internal demand where appropriate.
- Partner closely with Strategic Finance and Accounting to forecast operating expenses, ensure accurate categorization of expenses, validate invoices vs. forecast, and continuously improve departmental spend.
- Guide the procurement process and ensure compliance with our procurement policies.
- Work with Affirm’s Legal and Enterprise Risk Management teams on contract management and risk mitigation.
What we look for
- 2-3 years of experience in strategic partnerships, finance, venture capital, consulting, product management, investment banking, or business operations.
- Familiarity with Financial Technology, ideally with hands-on experience in the industry.
- Experience with multi-faceted business models, complex partnerships and contracts.
- Organizational, cross-functional communication and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to read a situation, listen, frame a conversation and pitch when necessary.
Location - Remote U.S.
Grade - USA28
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position in Colorado is listed above.
Read more about what that means for this position; find the Colorado base pay range for the position and benefits here.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.