Inventory Accounting Manager at Wish
Wish is a mobile e-commerce platform that flips traditional shopping on its head. We connect hundreds of millions of people with the widest selection of delightful, surprising, and—most importantly—affordable products delivered directly to their doors. Each day on Wish, millions of customers in more than 160 countries around the world discover new products. For our over 1 million merchant partners, anyone with a good idea and a mobile phone can instantly tap into a global market.
We're fueled by creating unique products and experiences that give people access to a new type of commerce, where all are welcome. If you’ve been searching for a supportive environment to chase your curiosity and use data to investigate the questions that matter most to you, this is the place.Job Description
- Maintain inventory reports with analytical analysis of revenue, cost and deferrals that support current period trends, balances, and future financial impacts.
- Assist with the management of all in-transit and warehouse / stock inventory and counts processes.
- Partner with Logistics and Warehouse Ops in providing oversight and audit control over multiple warehouses to ensure that inventory transactions are completed accurately and timely.
- Review or record significant book-to-physical adjustments and inter-entity transfers.
- Assist with the quarterly / annual reserve calculations.
- Perform or review monthly close activities related to inventory accounting and the related account reconciliations.
- Coordinate with US and Foreign departments to obtain the appropriate information and support to allow for the completion of close within the designated time frame.
- Manage the completion of the external audit deliverables to meet audit completion deadlines.
- Assist with the evaluation of new features and enhancements within the existing inventory management system (NetSuite).
- Maintain or develop accounting policies, procedures, and process documentation.
- BA/BS/Master’s in Accounting or equivalent work experience, with a CPA license preferred but is not required.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience, with a minimum of 2 years’ in a Manager role (Experience in the retail/e-commerce industry is preferred).
- An individual who can gather, summarize and analyze a significant amount of transactional data and make reasonable conclusions that facilitate key accounting and business decisions.
- Technical understanding of US GAAP relating to inventory cost accounting, who can summarize the proper accounting treatment and inventory processes in related memo’s, process workflows and process narratives.
- Strong understanding of cost accounting systems and the related control environment, with experience in implementing systems preferred. Able to manage multiple priorities and work cross-functionally with other departments.
- Able to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic environment where change is constant.
- Experience with NetSuite or similar ERP system.
- Demonstrates high degree of accuracy.
Wish values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive work environment. We provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. We do not discriminate based on any legally-protected class or characteristic. Employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let your recruiter know. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.