Blend helps lenders maximize their digital agility. Our digital lending platform is used by Wells Fargo, U.S. Bank, and other leading financial institutions to increase customer acquisition, improve productivity, and accelerate the delivery of any banking product across every channel. We process more than $3.5 billion in mortgages and consumer loans daily, helping millions of consumers get into homes and gain access to the capital they need to lead better lives.
The Investor Relations and Treasury Lead will develop and execute Blend’s IR program and drive the communications effort to effectively convey the Company’s strategy and positioning. Also, the Lead will oversee the Company’s banking, cash management, funding, liquidity, capital markets and investment analyses. The Lead will serve as a strategic thought partner to the CEO, President, CFO and other members of the executive team in guiding the capital markets strategy and ensuring that the IR plan supports maximizing long-term and sustainable value creation. The ideal candidate is an experienced Finance, IR, and Treasury professional that is attracted to a fast paced company, will challenge ideas, is proactive, creative and diligent.
How you'll contribute:
- Investor Relations
- Develop, plan, and execute an IR strategic plan, in partnership with the CEO, President, and CFO, that ensures fair valuation of the company, supports the financing strategy and strengthens external stakeholders' understanding of the Company's story and pipeline by communicating with an appropriate cadence.
- Assume responsibility for all aspects of investor relations, including leading the earnings process and investor marketing, attending operating reviews to help evaluate the Company’s operations and performance, analyzing peers and industry trends, leading the Company’s corporate preparedness initiatives, working with proxy voting counterparts and helping management to understand the perceptions of the value drivers of the business.
- Work with the CFO and executive leadership team to develop scripts, talking points, presentations and other communications strategies and materials that clearly illustrate the Company’s investment thesis, strategy and performance. Handle day-to-day inquiries from investors and analysts, ensuring that information provided is in compliance with the Company’s messaging as well as applicable rules and regulations.
- Serve as the Company's liaison to investors and analysts; provide timely, accurate and consistent responses to inquiries. Able to develop networks of strong, trusted relationships with institutional investors, key retail investors, analysts, and internal stakeholders.
- Plan, coordinate and participate in road shows, investor conferences, one on one meetings, and conference calls with senior management, investors, and analysts.
- Collaborate with external investor relations agencies to monitor analyst coverage and investment research on the Company and competitors, as well as the broader industry.
- Develop, plan and execute a treasury plan, in partnership with the CFO, to maintain and cultivate banking and brokerage relationships, borrowing and investing initiatives, effective integrated systems for cash planning and management, treasury, and FX for the international operations.
- Serve as the Company’s liaison with investment banks, brokers, and credit agencies.
- Set treasury policies and ensure regulatory compliance. Oversee all daily cash and debt management functions.
- Identify and lead projects end-to-end to enhance working capital, the cash conversion cycle and overall cash position. Analyze and recommend alternative financing structures and demonstrate its impact on the balance sheet, financial ratios, and tax.
- Lead the annual insurance renewal for all programs, as well as broker relationships and interactions.
- Want to learn anything and everything about our business and industry, and the path we are pursuing. Understand the technology, products, and business strategy sufficiently to effectively implement IR and Treasury plans.
- Have very strong writing and presentation skills. Our presentations should sound, look, and feel like a premium product.
- Establish strong internal relationships and effective communication with supporting business, technical, and product leadership within the organization.
- Partner closely with Finance and Legal in developing investor communications and filings.
Who you are:
- Public company or public markets experience in an investor relations, banking, research and/or finance role.
- Comfortable with navigating high-level relationships with the investment community, in the C-Suite, and with the Board of Directors and the press.
- Strong relationship, writing, and communications skills.
- Collaborative, flexible, and open approach to work.
- Thrives building clear efficiencies in unstructured environments and looks for continuous improvement opportunities.
- Knows how to manage relationships for the long-term and can build a trusted network.
- Clear approach to communication, and very comfortable in public speaking and public engagements.
More on who you are:
- BA/BS required. Post-undergraduate education in finance, a CFA, or MBA in Finance is considered an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in IR, treasury, equity research, corporate strategy and finance, investment banking/consulting. Experience with banking and fintech companies and public company experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience interacting with C-suite Executives, Board of Directors, investors and various stakeholders in a publicly listed company environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to give timely and meaningful counsel to senior management. Keen attention to detail.
- Demonstrated understanding of how strategy and business execution impact financial performance and value creation. Strong ability to convey strategic and financial messages in written materials, financial models and data analysis.
- Intimately familiar with financial modeling techniques and valuation methods used by analysts and investors. Experienced with reporting, financial disclosures, quarterly releases and the regulatory landscape.
- Comfortable with scientific and technical information and data, with an ability to synthesize and distill complex information into simple, clear messages.
- Well organized and sound judgement at all times. Ability to think conceptually, is forward looking, continually innovating and improving. Results and process driven, and possess excellent problem solving skills.
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment and meet tight deadlines.
- Self-starter, well organized. Strong work ethic and sound judgement. Team orientation and ability to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- An ability to think conceptually. Excellent problem solving skills. Forward looking, continually innovating and improving.
- Experienced with external accounting and reporting standards.
- Quick study on both the commercial and operational side of the business.
Blend is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity, inclusion and belonging. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment all qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable law, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Notice at Collection for California Applicants
Read Full Job Description