We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 73 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got good vibes. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
This mission of the International Compliance programme is to enable Coinbase to become the most Trusted crypto-currency services provider through the provision of industry-leading Compliance expertise and oversight.
The Ireland Compliance Senior Associate will be responsible for supporting the design and implementation of all aspects of the Ireland Compliance programme.
The role-holder will report to the Head of Compliance in Coinbase Ireland and will be based in Dublin.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Design and lead the Compliance Risk Assessment process for the Irish Coinbase entities
- Manage the Irish Compliance policy and procedure framework
- Product advisory and identification and escalation of identified compliance risks as they relate to Coinbase expansion/ new product rollout
- Compliance monitoring and testing as required
- Supporting on the response to regulatory enquiries
- Compliance Governance, MI and Reporting
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Substantive experience of designing and implementing compliance frameworks
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbal. This should include excellent report-writing and drafting capabilities
- Track record of delivery
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial services regulations; and retail/ institutional level products
- Ability to work collaboratively with a broad range of business functions, with an emphasis on senior management.
- Expertise - leader when it comes to regulatory knowledge in Ireland and ideally Internationally
- Prepared to voice concerns and challenges and key partner engagement skills and experience required
- Skilled at executing large, multi-functional and cross-organisational assignments that requires in-depth analysis.
- Ability to develop, foster and maintain effective working relationships with diverse groups of people within the organisation as well as with external partners and vendors
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced remote environment
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the innate ability to work unsupervised in a structured manner
- 8+ years of experience in Compliance/Risk related business functions
- Capacity to meet deadlines while maintaining quality standards and ensuring effective time management
- Dedication to diversity
- Keen interest in digital currencies
- Related bachelor’s level degree required
Nice to haves:
- Professional Compliance or finance qualification and membership of a recognised professional body would be advantageous, but not a prerequisite
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.