Manager, M&A Finance at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
Reporting to the M&A Finance Senior Director, you will play a critical role in helping the Company achieve its mission through inorganic growth. This team leads the end to end M&A process for all of Finance. To be successful in this role, you will have: a strategic finance mindset, deep M&A and accounting experience; combined with strong leadership, problem solving and communication skills. You will partner closely with Corporate Development, other functional leaders and finance subject matter experts across the organization. A successful candidate will be confident and self-assertive, able to lead both large and small teams, and will provide a strong voice to represent finance through the M&A process.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Understand the deal thesis, financial model and deal value drivers to scope the finance due diligence plan
- Execute finance due diligence, confirming said value drivers and assessing risk and opportunities
- Communicate findings to the deal teams, perform ad hoc analysis as needed to support conclusions
- Assess significant accounting practices of target companies.
- Conduct interviews with target’s Finance and management team during due diligence
- Build positive relationships with key stakeholders including: deal leaders, acquired finance personnel, internal finance leaders, other cross-functional teams who participate in the M&A process
- Provide technical accounting and pro forma presentation advice around deal structure and terms, and provide technical expertise with regards to ASC 805.
- Support deal close from a finance perspective
- Plan the integration for deal success in coordination with finance functional leads such as accounting, treasury, source to pay, treasury, tax and platform operations
- Focus on integration excellence through execution of the plan, focusing on early identification of issues and quick resolution
- Facilitate audit requests from external auditors supporting purchase accounting and provide support for any external reporting requirements of the transaction.
- Help maintain the M&A finance integration practice through continuous improvement
- Lead strategic projects as needs arise (within or outside of M&A)
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 7+ years experience within a finance due diligence practice at a Big 4 accounting firm; or equivalent experience
- CPA with a diverse accounting background
- Strong technical accounting skills, particularly with regard to ASC 805
- Strong finance acumen with a strategic approach, ability to influence decision makers by presenting convincing, data driven finance insights
- Your strengths span both analytical and organizational skills as well as excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding detail-orientation.
Nice to haves:
- Crypto industry experience
- Strategic finance, deal modeling experience
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.