Manager, Tax Operations at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
The Coinbase tax team is focused on ensuring that Coinbase complies with all of its tax obligations in all of our global operations and for tax planning to ensure an optimal and efficient tax structure.
The Manager, Tax Operations will be an integral member of the team working in coordination with the Coinbase tax operations team and the greater Coinbase financial team to support Coinbase’s mission of creating an open financial system for the world.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Ensuring the integrity and accuracy of Coinbase's worldwide tax provision including the tax aspects of its financial statements, through hands on preparation and review of global tax provision
- Ensuring the timely and accurate reporting of Coinbase's tax position across the multiple jurisdictions that Coinbase is subject to tax through the preparation and review of US Federal and State tax returns and the review of global filings
- Assisting with the execution, maintenance and constant improvement of tax processes and controls
- Preparation and review of tax account reconciliations
- Partnering with the greater Coinbase tax and finance teams to ensure full compliance with all laws and regulations
- Partnering with the greater Coinbase tax and finance team to advise and consult on tax accounting and compliance matters
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 6-10 years of relevant tax experience, ideally with a mix at both a Big 4 accounting firm and in industry
- Significant experience with ASC 740
- Significant experience with the preparation and review of complex US consolidated federal income tax returns
- Broad based technical tax experience, ideally with a focus on financial services
- Exposure to US international tax concepts of Subpart F, foreign tax credits, GILTI, FDII and BEAT
- Experience working in teams and collaborating across different business and professional disciplines
Nice to haves:
- Advanced degree in accounting and/or tax (MST,LLM)
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.