At GoodRx, we believe that all Americans should have access to convenient and affordable healthcare. As a nation, we spend about $3.5 trillion annually on our healthcare, but too many Americans struggle to get the care they need, and prices just keep rising. Our marketplaces for prescription medicines and telehealth have helped Americans save $25 billion since 2011. GoodRx is a public company; we're based in Santa Monica with additional offices around the country. We're a low-key and tight-knit group that likes to find new ways to fix big problems. If you share our belief that you can do well by doing good, let's talk.
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company and industry. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.
With that said, research shows that women and other minority groups apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria. GoodRx is committed to leveling the playing field, and we encourage women, people of color, and those in the LGBTQ+ communities to apply for positions even if they don’t necessarily check every box outlined in the job description. Please still get in touch – we’d love to connect and see if you could be good for the role!
GoodRx is seeking a Personal finance editor to contribute to our efforts in developing accurate, up-to-date, and clear content. The ideal candidate will be passionate and well-acquainted with personal finance issues involved in healthcare, with a background in journalism. Strong line and copy editing skills are a must, as is a willingness to pitch in to keep the editorial pipeline moving smoothly.
The Personal Finance Editor will work with the rest of the GoodRx Research team to create exceptional content that can help people find relevant and actionable information that allows them to make informed healthcare decisions. The GoodRx Research team consists of a cross-functional group of editors, economists, data analysts, and healthcare professionals who consistently work with colleagues across GoodRx to make our processes and projects ever better. GoodRx partners with more than 70,000 pharmacies across the U.S.
This position holds the responsibility for healthcare finance related editorial content, ensuring thorough, consistent and engaging coverage of topics ranging from private U.S. health insurance to Patient Assistance and drug coupon programs to Medicare.
- Create definitive content regarding health insurance and financial information relating to medical expenses and services.
- Write well thought out, fun to read, and informative articles that help readers make better decisions
- Work with the editorial and research teams to create content pipelines and deliver on the timelines
- Write and/or edit 3 to 5 articles per week
- Comfortable managing, recruiting and assigning to freelancers
- Must have strong line and copy editing skills and be able to turn around edits efficiently
- Make sure existing content is accurate and up-to-date
- Identify shareable content and contribute to social media platforms
- Work with the in-house team of editorial and SEO professionals to build article outlines
- 3+ years of experience as a full time writer or editor
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or equivalent
- Outstanding writing, grammar and editing capabilities
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Eagerness to go deep on health insurance and drug pricing
- Basic understanding of SEO and content strategy methods to ensure content is created and structured for broad use and reuse
GoodRx is America's healthcare marketplace. The company offers the most comprehensive and accurate resource for affordable prescription medications in the U.S., gathering pricing information from thousands of pharmacies coast to coast, as well as a telehealth marketplace for online doctor visits and lab tests. Since 2011, Americans with and without health insurance have saved $25 billion using GoodRx and 15 million consumers visit goodrx.com each month to find discounts and information related to their healthcare. GoodRx is the #1 most downloaded medical app on the iOS and Android app stores. For more information, visit www.goodrx.com.