Revenue Manager at Addepar
Who We Are
Addepar’s mission is to bring data, technology and people together to help investors make more informed and timely investment decisions. Our wealth management platform is transforming the fintech industry by providing data aggregation, analytics and reporting for even the most complex investment portfolios. Here, your voice matters. We believe that portfolio, market and client insights can make a significant and sustainable impact, one person and one community at a time. Working at the intersection of groundbreaking technology and limitless financial services industry growth, we are optimizing how capital is put to work.
We are currently seeking a Revenue Manager to join our Revenue accounting team. This is an individual contributor role in a team that handles revenue and billing operations, owns the accounting and reporting process for revenue, invoicing & collections. This role reports to Director, Revenue Accounting.
What You’ll Do
- Perform / support revenue & billing activities such as
- Month close reporting
- Deals review and documentation of deal review checklists
- Accounting process in NetSuite
- Revenue and Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR) recognition
- Invoicing cycle
- Sales tax compliance
- Ensure accurate and timely transaction processing, accounting & reporting in accordance with policies and US GAAP
- Prepare technical memo documentation on non-standard deals
- Maintain and monitor internal controls & a strong review process within Quote-to-Cash cycle
- Continually identify and implement efficient procedures and processes
- Provide audit support on revenue & billing matters and sales tax.
- Work seamlessly with Sales, Account Management, Sales Operations and Legal team to collaborate and communicate on finance approval of deals, opportunity approvals in SFDC and with services on issues relating to service hours.
- Works closely with the Business application team to make information flow more efficient, support CPQ implementation & integration with NetSuite.
- Support FP&A team with analyzing results, providing additional information
- Energy, desire and ability to take on new projects to support fast growing company, such as supporting international structure; multi-currency price lists; automation of approval processes etc.
Who You Are
- BA/BS in Business or Accounting
- CPA and public accounting experience (Deloitte, KPMG, EY, PWC, Grant Thornton & other accounting consulting firms) is strongly preferred
- Experience with NetSuite and its advanced revenue module (ARM) or similar system (Rev Pro)
- Saas revenue experience
- Excellent knowledge of Revenue recognition, including ASC 606
- Experience working with SFDC & Avalara is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership for projects and drive to completion
- Demonstrated continuous improvements of the business processes and new business model support
- 6+ years of relevant experience in revenue recognition; experience supporting sales operations & sales teams highly desired.
- Two to three years project management experience in relation to systems and reporting
- Experience with various aspects of international revenue
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and customer service skills required
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced setting, work under pressure and meet deadlines required
Addepar was founded in 2009 by Palantir co-founder Joe Lonsdale, who currently serves as an active Chairman of its Board of Directors and General Partner at 8VC. Addepar works with hundreds of leading financial advisors, family offices and large financial institutions that manage data for over $3 trillion of assets on the company's platform. Addepar was named a Forbes Fintech 50 company and honored as a member of the CB Insights Fintech 250. Addepar is headquartered in Silicon Valley and has offices in New York City, Salt Lake City and Edinburgh, Scotland.
At Addepar, we are driven by our core values:
- Take Action - We believe in empowering each other to make decisions that elevate our colleagues and our communities.
- Build Together - We celebrate success by recognizing the value of collaborating with each other, our clients and partners.
- Best Ideas Win - We welcome new ideas that inspire change.
- Demand Transparency - We encourage open discussion and information-sharing to strengthen communication across organizations.
- Solve Problems that Matter - We put our community of clients and partners first by creating technology that meets their needs today
In addition to our core values, Addepar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We seek to bring together diverse ideas, experiences, skill sets, perspectives, backgrounds and identities to drive innovative solutions. We commit to promoting a welcoming environment where inclusion and belonging are held as a shared responsibility.
To ensure the health and safety of all Addepeeps and our prospective candidates, we have instituted a virtual interview and onboarding experience.