Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The Corporate Development team at Planet is seeking a Senior Corporate Development Analyst to support and help drive M&A, strategic investments and other complex special projects at our high-growth company. This individual will support the sourcing, evaluation, negotiation and execution of acquisitions and similar strategic initiatives. You will provide valuable contributions across the entire deal process, including research of industry trends and players, valuation and strategic analysis, financial modeling, cross-functional diligence, and integration execution. You will research and understand a wide array of technologies, companies, and business models, and will be able to communicate your views to the broader team in a clear and concise manner.
The ideal candidate is curious, driven, trustworthy, business savvy, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment where priorities may shift quickly. You are able to lead projects from inception to completion. You have strong research, analytical, financial modelling, and communication skills.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Supporting deal teams in all aspects of the transaction lifecycle including market research, business case development, financial modeling, due diligence & execution
- Owning the creation of detailed financial analysis to support and guide thinking on M&A and similar strategic projects
- Manage cross-functional diligence of potential acquisitions
- Support post-acquisition integration planning, execution and reporting
- Research markets, identify key themes and trends, and translate findings into actionable insights
What You Bring:
- Minimum 4+ years of professional experience, which includes 2+ years of experience in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, venture capital, or management consulting, preferably with a focus on the technology industry
- Strong financial modeling skills and an understanding of valuation methodologies
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision. Comfortable working with and articulating financial concepts to functional VPs and senior executives.
- Self-starter who regularly takes initiative and can juggle multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrating creativity and judgment while prioritizing appropriately to meet tight deadlines.
- Takes pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output.
- Unquestionable ethics.
- High standard for integrity required for exposure to confidential company performance, legal contracts and employee information.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent)
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Comprehensive Health Plan
- Wellness program and onsite massages in specific offices
- Flexible Time Off
- Recognition Programs
- Commuter Benefits
- Learning and Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Offsites and Happy Hours
- Volunteering Benefits
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
“Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth”
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
“Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace” —Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Compensation (For Colorado Applicants Only):
The base pay range targeted for this position in Colorado is: $81,000- $143,100. This role is eligible for equity.
The actual offer, including the compensation package, is determined based on multiple factors, including experience, location, and other business considerations.
Planet is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not able to work from a state where Planet is registered, you will not be eligible for employment.#LI-REMOTE#LI-SS1