TIP: Taxonomy Analyst at Upwork
Upwork ($UPWK) is the leading tech solution for companies looking to hire the best talent, maintain flexibility, and get more done. We’re passionate about our mission to create economic opportunities so people have better lives. Every year, more than $2 billion of work is done through Upwork by skilled professionals who want the freedom of working anytime, anywhere. Top companies connecting with extraordinary talent around the globe? Upwork is how.
This is a Contract position through Upwork’s Talent Innovation Program (TIP). Our TIP team is a global group of professionals that augment Upwork’s business. Our TIP team members are located all over the world.
The Content Strategy & Product Team at Upwork is responsible for defining the context experiences for Upwork, with a primary focus on Acquisition & Onboarding. The “experience” includes a growing variety of content for a variety of formats (e.g., Taxonomy, Talent, Projects, Testimonials, etc.). This role is responsible for supporting the curation (manual and programmatic) to create a more personalized, consistent, quality experience for our users.
Come join a collaborative, dynamic team that helps grow the business and embodies the company's mission and values.
- Curate quality content to power product experiences
- Routinely audit content to ensure adherence to legal and product specifications
- Map content/concepts to help drive a match
- Project manage content development including seeking appropriate approvals
- Cross-collaborate with teams to streamline workflows, improve efficiency and distribute quality content
- Mine data sources and drive actionable insights for new content and taxonomy development
- Passionate about creating a product that is tailored to the individual needs of customers and talent
- A Project Owner with a bias for action and have the initiative to solve problems on your own
- A Team Player who collaborates well with cross-functional partners
- Detail Oriented and deadline-driven with the ability to quickly pivot without losing speed, focus or quality
- Data focused with the ability to analyze data, recognize trends and identify key levers for optimization
Must Haves (Required Skills):
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams (i.e. Product, Marketing)
- Experience in operational or project management roles and collaboration within a fast-paced team environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work on a deadline
- Able to work in a 40 hours a week, long term contract at a minimum of 3-6 months
- Can work with an overlap of 3 hours during the Central Standard Time Zone
Nice to Haves (Not Required):
- Advanced digital marketing skills
- Experience working in Marketplaces with focus on acquisition and onboarding
- Knowledge or experience of e-commerce
- Experience in taxonomy
- Hands on experience in Analytics
- Knowledge in SQL
Upwork is proudly committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce. We never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.