DoorDash is growing fast and we’re looking for a Director, People Growth to join our People Team!
DoorDash seeks a people obsessed Director of People Growth (Learning and Development) to help make DoorDash a place where each and every employee does the very best work of their careers. This happens when they have a continuous opportunity to learn and grow.
In this role, you will build, develop and manage the vision, strategy and daily operations of the People Growth function to support our fast growing global and diverse workforce. With a lens of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI), you’ll play a critical role in designing, developing, and delivering inclusive learning experiences that will create humanistic leaders who are aligned to our company values.
In this role, you will work directly with the executive and management teams, HR partners across the People Team, and with external providers to assess, scope, and design what the learning and development experience means at DoorDash. You will start by focusing on people manager development and then plan for impact throughout the entire employee lifecycle (including, but not limited to, onboarding, career development, aspiring managers development, and development for underrepresented employees as identified through Employee Resource Groups partnership).
Interconnected with DEI and Employee Connections at DoorDash, you will exemplify thought leadership about People Growth; we will innovate together by building on beloved industry practices, consider applicable benchmarks, and leveraging emerging approaches.
This role reports to the VP of Global Culture, Belonging, and People Growth (CBPG). CBPG exists to cultivate a culture where connections create a sense of belonging and allows each and every employee to do the best work of their careers, ensure that diverse identities and perspectives are valued and can thrive, and develop people who can lead themselves, lead others, and lead the DoorDash way. You will manage a small and mighty team of two and you will be a member of the team that is “Delivering Good” with a relentless pursuit of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
This position can be based out of New York or San Francisco.
You’re excited about this opportunity because...
- You will build, develop and manage the vision, strategy and end-to-end operations of the People Growth function focused on developing employees that people love working with and for through blended learning solutions.
- You will serve as a strategic and trusted advisor to the management team across our business and HR Business Partners regarding People Growth challenges and opportunities, and solve for them in the design and delivery of the enterprise People Growth strategy.
- You will drive the creation of the DoorDash Competency Framework, in partnership with HR Business Partners, that help everyone understand behaviors for success based on role and level.
- You will connect competencies to learning and development solutions, gather ongoing feedback from employees and other stakeholders to evaluate success, and reiterate on the core learning portfolio.
- You will build upon the current People Growth strategy to ensure that it is inextricably linked to diversity and inclusion, where the advancement of underrepresented employees is every employee’s responsibility.
- You will introduce onboarding new employees and managers into the People Growth portfolio. You will assess and redesign the onboarding program so that every DoorDash employee is enabled to succeed on Day 1 and do the very best work of their careers.
- You will determine and implement a Learning Management System in partnership with the People Tech Team, as well as any other technology, to track and evaluate overall People Growth efforts and impact.
- You will use design thinking to pilot initiatives, such as coaching circles, as a part of the People Growth strategy to continue evolving the DoorDash culture into one where everyone has a learner’s mindset.
- You will build, manage and coach the People Growth Team by fostering psychological safety where every team member can contribute their ideas and be their best selves.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a keen ability to establish and articulate an inspiring vision; you can clearly translate vision into executable strategy and deliver against the plan with bias to action and clear milestones.
- You are an authentic, inspiring, and hands-on leader with a track record of building, driving, and scaling learning programs, including competencies work and succession planning.
- You are people obsessed with all things learning; you find joy over new modes of learning and experimenting with interactive and hands-on education as a way to develop humanistic, inclusive leaders who are aligned with DoorDash’s company values.
- You’ve done it all; you have a strong background in program management, content design, vendor relations, and facilitation with attention to detail and discipline to organize and prioritize.
- You have deep listening and exceptional stakeholder management skills; you pride yourself on being an effective communicator and building strong relationships that serve as one of the foundations of your leadership.
- You are passionate about democratizing learning and development; you strongly believe that one of the core tenets of a successful People Growth strategy is the advancement and upward mobility of underrepresented employees.
- You are skilled at using data, analytics, and anecdotes to develop insights and drive decisions.
- You are resourceful in assessing and selecting quality vendors, which includes developing partnerships where customization is key, and you are strategic in utilizing them as accelerators vs. replacements.
- You are excited about in-person engagements and available to travel domestically and internationally at least 25% of your time; travel needs may shift as the People Growth teams expands (current team members sit in Phoenix and San Francisco).
- You are skilled at change management and adapting to an evolving business while staying focused on the anchors of your strategy.
- You have over 10 years of experience building and leading strategic learning and development teams for multiple organizations with exposure to a variety of industries and approaches; executive coaching and topical learning certifications a plus.
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learners - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer-obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are one team - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our ambitious goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer competitive compensation packages, open PTO, and comprehensive health benefits (including fertility and family-forming care).
Want to learn a little more about our culture and company values? We believe in transparency, so check out what it’s like [email protected] or follow us on Instagram @wearedoordash!
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.