Employee Communications Manager at Unity Technologies
Unity Technologies, creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, is seeking an Employee Communications Manager to provide strategic leadership and execution on employee communications programs and initiatives.
As the Employee Communications Manager reporting into the Corporate Communications Lead, you will be responsible for developing and leading communications strategies across Unity, helping to ensure employees are receiving and understanding mission-critical information to do their jobs. In this role, you will create and implement an internal communications strategy and develop global infrastructure and processes for the company. You will be responsible for running a content creation program that resonates with global employees. In addition to disseminating day-to-day corporate information, you will also play a primary role in moments of high-sensitivity and crisis.
You thrive in a fast-paced environment, are a critical thinker, an empathetic listener and an inclusive leader with a strong presence and ability to motivate cross-functional partners and influence senior leaders. To be successful, you should be proactive, resourceful, accustomed to multi-tasking, and have a strong sense of urgency. You will also live and bring to life Unity’s Company Values: Users First, Best Ideas Win, In It Together and Go Bold.
- Build and implement a comprehensive internal communications strategy and program designed to increase employee engagement, including (but not limited to): ongoing employee communication tools, a new intranet platform, policies and best practices, events, etc.
- Establish a baseline for internal communication, including new policies, best practices, and formatting to ensure uniformity and consistent branding for all materials and vehicles of information, company-wide
- Build a content creation program of key corporate communication tools such as podcast series, employee newsletter, awards programs, company intranet
- Keep an ear to the ground: collaborate with and stay informed by internal teams to ensure knowledge of, and required action (if any) on, employee-specific company initiatives and corporate activities
- Partner and liaise with global crisis teams to develop and disseminate communications globally, where and when needed
- Co-own the strategy and execution of quarterly All Hands and monthly Town Halls, including agendas, content, speaker confirmation, and presentations
- Work closely with Workplace Experience (WE) and Marketing teams in global offices to ensure two-way communication on issues
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, or a related field
- Experience working in a fast-paced culture and internal communications
- Great writing skills, a strong grasp of AP style, and an analytical mindset
- Self-motivated, self-starter and ability to roll up your sleeves
- Ability to work alongside company executives and territory managers as well as travel globally minimum of 4x per year
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Oculus, Autodesk, Microsoft and many more, to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.